Morning All Day Sickness
Here are a few things that helped me get through my morning sickness:
Luckily, my morning sickness only lasted 4 months. I know women who had it their entire pregnancy!
These things really helped:
- Deep breathing; taking slow, deep breaths.
- I meditated in the afternoons and evenings, and it really helped.
- Candied ginger. This stuff is so strong that it will make you forget what’s ailing you. I got some in bulk from one of my favourite health food stores, Mother Earth.
- Lemon candy (above photo), which I got from another health food store called Rainbow Foods. I chose one with the least number of ingredients.
- Pretzels. As much as I don’t like snacking on ‘wheat things’, pretzels really helped absorb some of the acid in my stomach.
- Don’t go hungry. Have a small and healthy snack as often as you need. I ate oranges all the time. All the time. Even my students made fun of me, because I had to have some in class too. Hey, whatever works.
- Pack a snack when you’re on the go, just to be prepared. I carried some pretzels in my purse until what remained turned to dust, at which point I swapped them out for a new batch.
- Peppermint essential oil helped me a lot. I sometimes diffused it when I was at home. When I went out, I would put a drop on each wrist.
I also tried lemon, grapefruit, bergamot, and eucalyptus.
They worked too, but peppermint was my favourite.
*As a word of caution, do your research on essential oils, and be aware that many are not indicated for use during pregnancy.
I hope that you’re managing your morning sickness well!
Here’s hoping it won’t last much longer,