A Deliciously Healthy Sweet
Caramelized Pecans… with only 3 healthy ingredients? Is that possible?
We crave sweet, we need that crunch, and we want it healthy too! Can you make that work?
Forget about buying premade, sugar-laden, and crazy expensive pecans… because you can make your own caramelized pecans at home, for cheap(er), and in no time.
What do you need to make a batch of this delicious snack?
- maple syrup
- a bowl
- a fork
- a baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven at 350ºC
- Cover the bottom of the bowl with maple syrup
- Cover the maple syrup with cinnamon
- Mix the maple syrup and the cinnamon
- Add the pecans (as many as you want… I usually add about a cup/a third of the Costco bag)
- Stir and mix until the pecans are all perfectly covered in delicious sweet syrup
- Spread out the pecans on the baking sheet
- Drizzle the remaining syrup onto the pecans
- Bake at 350ºC for 15 minutes… if you’re anything like me, please set the timer…
- Allow the pecans to cool before attacking. (Once cool, if they are still sticky, put them back in the oven for another couple of minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
For your viewing pleasure, I made a video on how to make these delectable caramelized pecans.
It also happens to be my first ever YouTube video… I hope you like it!
You will notice that all of the ingredients I used in the video are the Kirkland brand from Costco. That is for 2 reasons. One, they are great quality, and two, the pricing kicks other prices’ butts.
If you end up making a batch of my caramelized pecans, I would love to hear from you! Let me know how you liked them by commenting below.